Non-emergency contact information for
About Lincolnshire Police
Lincolnshire Police is the territorial police force covering the non-metropolitan county of Lincolnshire in the East Midlands of England. Despite the name, the force's area does not include North East Lincolnshire and North Lincolnshire, which are covered by Humberside Police instead.
In terms of geographic area the force is one of the largest in the England and Wales covering 2,284 square miles. The population of the area covered by the force is 736,700. As of 2010 the force currently employs over 2,500 people. As at May 2016, there were 1,100 police officers, 200 Special Constables and 149 PCSOs.
The county is divided into four "districts" for the purposes of policing. These areas each effectively pair two district/borough council areas into one policing district, and are:
- Lincoln & West Lindsey (covering Lincoln, Gainsborough and Market Rasen)
- North & South Kesteven (covering Grantham, Sleaford, North Hykeham, Bracebridge Heath, Market Deeping, Bourne and Stamford)
- Coast & Wolds (covering Skegness, Mablethorpe, Louth and Horncastle)
- Boston & South Holland (covering Boston, Spalding, Holbeach, and Sutton Bridge).
As with all police forces, Lincolnshire Police has many specialist departments aside from the officers and PCSOs that respond initially to calls from the public. These include the Roads Policing Unit (who also form the force's firearms response), Dog section, Public Protection Unit (including specialist sexual offences officers), Scenes Of Crime, Custody suites, and the Force Control Room. In addition to this are other support departments such as IT and HR.
Key people in Lincolnshire Police
- Chief Constable: Chris Haward
- Deputy Chief Constable: Jason Harwin
- Assistant Chief Constable: Kerrin Wilson
- Assistant Chief Officer: Andrew White
- Chief Finance Officer: Sharon Clark